Senior Engineer, Pipelines - 12 months - Basingstoke
Worker Status – PAYE only/Umbrella co
Client operates a SmartWorking policy allowing personnel to work for up to 12 working days/month from home or a similar secure location and this 12 days can be available even where personnel are on leave for a portion of the month. As such, they expect a minimum of 60% home working to be available for individuals who wish to take advantage of this.
• Reviews, comments and validate key EPC engineering documents
• Ensuring consistency of Pipeline seismic design, thermal expansion, buoyancy and upheaval buckling studies.
• Validate pipeline routing adjustments, alignment sheet, GIS, etc.
• Ensure that pipeline design and installation is conducted with respect to the requirements of DNVGL-STF101, ASME B31.4, ASME B31.8, BSI PD 8010-Part1, BSI PD8010-Part2 API RP 1110, API RP 1104, etc.
• Validate key specifications, requisitions, designs, procedures, layout arrangements issued by the installation contractors
• Ensure the alignment of various disciplines including Interfaces, Process, Flow Assurance, Material & Corrosion, Operations, Instrumentation, Civil and Electrical • Assists with the management of the pipeline design and installation contractors
• Prepares key technical papers on critical issues
• To participate in technical reviews when necessary: at the detailed engineering stage (Company Project reviews, HAZOP, HAZID, SIL etc.)
• To participate in technical reviews related to the procurement/supply activities)
• Participate as necessary to: pipeline and engineering workshops and reviews, audits, 3D model reviews, pre-commissioning and commissioning workshops, risk workshops
• Liaises with the EPC performing the detail engineering, the LLI suppliers, the EPC, the specialized contractors for optic fibre, coating etc.
Graduate Masters or Bachelor engineering degree highly specialized pipeline/material engineer
• Demonstrable experience of work as discipline specialist on large oil & gas project gained during studies and on the field
• Knowledge of Welding and NDE techniques (UT, RT, PT, MT and computerized versions of same)
• Good knowledge of fracture mechanics, engineering critical assessment methods and strain base design • Experience with pipe manufacturing, hot induction bending and forging industries
• Previous experience with pipe coating and onshore facilities
• Good communication skills and computer literate.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural business environment.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills. English Mandatory
• Validate the pipeline inspection and maintenance strategy and the definition of Emergency Pipeline Repair, Service studies
• Perform site visits to manufacturers (line pipe, coating, valves, etc.) as required
• Perform site visits during construction to review progress and compliance to procedures
• To adopt and demonstrate exemplary behaviour about Ethics and project "code of conduct" policy
• To participate to meetings with partners, authorities and other stakeholders as required.
• To carry out any other duties or tasks that may be required by the position
• AutoCAD • DNV PET / SESAM Package including DNVGL-RP-F101 corroder pipeline
• Orca flex, SAGE and/or ABAQUS (preferable) NORSOK M-506 (familiar) Preferred qualifications
• Graduate Masters or Bach