Principal Piping and Layout Engineer, Woking Surrey
Please advise availability and rate required.
- Enthusiastic experience in Piping and Layout Engineer with the ability to lead a team of other engineers and designers.
- Organized and have the ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- An understanding of commercial aspects of engineering contracting is important and involved in developing discipline proposals and man hour estimates.
- Have a wide range of piping and layout design experience in Concept, FEED and EPC projects and fully understand the required piping deliverables for each project phase.
- The ability to manage client design reviews, work with and manage client expectations and present robust design solution is essential.
- Proven track record in delivering onshore and offshore engineering solutions to internal and external oil and gas clients.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Degree/ONC/HNC mechanical engineering.
- Proven experience in concept/FEED/EPC oil and gas projects.
- Good understanding of piping materials, pipe stress and flexibility requirements.
- Ability to think innovatively, practically and pragmatically and to react to change efficiently in a structured manner.
- Ability to plan the piping activities on projects, understanding the interactions between disciplines and striving to optimise productive progress.
- Ability to prepare 2D conceptual layout studies for Onshore and Offshore facilities.
- Strong understanding and experience, preferably hands on, of 3D design tools (PDMS E3D).
- Excellent communication skills with both clients and overseas work share offices.
- Strong technical report writing skills.
- Flexible and responsive approach to achieve clients’ and Petrofac requirements.
- Willing to travel overseas, either to site, client offices or work share office, sometimes at short notice.