Operations & Maintenance Engineer (Liverpool Bay project)
Northop, near Chester
Hybrid working 3 days office, 2 home working.
- Health, Safety and Environmental
- Ensure all aspects of the ISP Safety Case are taken into consideration at all times.
- Ensure the Verification Scheme of the ISP is continuously referred to and used.
- To be consulted and involved in the revision of project documentation, including the ISP Safety Case, Verification Scheme, Operations and Procedures Manual, and company maintenance management strategies.
- Ensure all changes which could affect the Safety Case and/or Verification Scheme are recorded and kept for future reference per MOC processes.
- Action and close out assigned Synergy actions associated with the ISP.
- Ensure the ISP and all associated equipment and systems are maintained in class.
- Daily contact to be made with the Chief Engineer throughout the working week in order to maintain appreciation of the status of all systems.
- Ensure Rig management are kept abreast of all critical / potentially critical changes or influences associated with or affecting the ISP, whether budgetary break-down, repair or maintenance.
- Ensure all engineering changes on the ISP are registered, controlled and carried out in compliance with the appropriate authorities, Petrofac procedures and safe working practices.
- Shares responsibility for the operations and maintenance budgetary planning and control of the ISP.
- Supports administration of materials and service requisitions.
- Responsible for recommendation for purchase approval of all parts, equipment and services out with his / her own budgetary limit.
- Responsible for the safe keeping and update of records, reports, databases and filing systems in there area of responsibility.
- Responsible for ensuring all maintenance aspects of the ISP are carried out in a timely manner and ensuring adherence to deferral processes where required.
- Responsible for the pre-planning of all major repairs and maintenance.
- Ensure continuous planning and reporting during all major repairs and maintenance.
- Responsible for overseeing all major repairs and maintenance for the ISP.
- Responsible for ensuring asset compliance with Planned Maintenance (Maximo) system for the ISP including any changed required.
- Responsible for the selection of third parties for maintenance aspects on the ISP.
- Responsible for the control and time approval of all third parties associated with maintenance.
- Responsible for providing Operations Superintendent with Regional AIRB report information.
- Chairs and minutes the monthly ISP maintenance meeting / Local AIRB.
- Responsible for highlighting to the Rig Manager any omissions, errors and potential improvements with regards to systems and processes in which they are involved.
- Line Management annual review and appraisal of the Operations & Maintenance Engineer will be carried out by the Operations Superintendent.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Degree in Engineering discipline or STCW III/2 Second Engineer CoC or UK Offshore/Marine Trade Discipline.
- Experience of maintenance and operations management.
- Experience in marine / offshore operations and maintenance management.
- Experience in the running and maintenance of jack-ups would be an advantage but not essential.
- Good understanding of legislation pertaining to the classification of ships and verification of offshore installations an advantage.
- Awareness and appreciation of PFEER and DCR regulations.
- Experience of fully automated machinery and electronically controlled systems.
- Experience of computerized maintenance management systems.
- Computer literacy, proficient in – 'Word', 'Excel' and 'MS Project'.