MECHANICAL ENGINEER (maintenance) (Staff role hybrid working) Aberdeen
- Actively support a working culture based on respect for health, safety and environmental issues and maintenance of a high level of asset integrity.
- Develop excellent working relationships with offshore and onshore production operations, the technical authorities, verification engineers and discipline engineers and others as appropriate.
- Participate as a member of the maintenance development team in delivering Company production related performance targets.
- Co-ordinate with operations personnel for planned and corrective maintenance of mechanical and rotating systems and equipment.
- Monitor the performance, failures and serviceability of all mechanical plant, associated mechanical control systems and equipment and reports on the activities undertaken.
- Provide technical support in the day-to-day activities including the installation and maintenance support of mechanical equipment.
- Asset authority for all mechanical related activities.
- Implement, integrate and review planned maintenance programs in order to meet statutory and vendor requirements, ensuring that all work is accurately recorded.
- Maintain comprehensive records of performance, trends and failures.
- Ensure all third-party support performs in accordance with the contract deliverables and reports on progress.
- Familiar with the appropriate statutory legislation, Safety Case and Safety Management Systems used to support the role.
- Ensure all mechanical equipment in hazardous areas is maintained in accordance with the appropriate legislation, guidelines, assurance and verification practices
- Preparation, management and control of all associated OPEX budgets
- Offshore visits to ensure support and full understanding of operational issues.
- Carry out Root Cause Investigations and execute respective actions to improve equipment reliability and availability.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Educated to BSc or equivalent standard.
- Relevant offshore and onshore experience.
- Few years of post-graduate minimum of mechanical and rotating equipment maintenance and control system interfaces.