Procurement and Contracts Advisor
Northop Cheshire, Hybrid Working
Inside IR 35 rate is £300 per day PAYE /Umbrella
OUTSIDE OF INDUSTRY IS FINE, SOMEONE PERHAPS FROM POWER GEN / CHEMICAL / PHARMA INDUSTRY, WITH CONTRACT NEGOTION SKILLS
Key responsibilities cover the following areas:
· Preparation of Procurement enquiry documents.
· Undertake formal bid evaluations.
· Involvement in pre-award negotiations.
· Prepare contracts for execution.
· Implementation /amendment of Contracts as appropriate.
To commercially evaluate bids and co-ordinate the technical evaluations of tenders. Assist in assessing the impact of contract exceptions in order to produce recommendation for award of contract, in accordance with agreed time schedules.
· To assist in the negotiation of terms and conditions and determine the extent of risks and liabilities that may be involved and concisely describe such risks to assist in management decisions, in coordination with Integrated Risk Management department.
· To advise on the interpretation of contract terms during contract execution.
· Degree qualified in a Business or Commercial subject (preferred).
Required Experience and Technical Competencies:
· Detailed working knowledge of SAP, e-tendering systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
· Oil and Gas industry or Project Procurement experience preferred
Contracts and Purchasing experience, including proven negotiation skills and proven experience in undertaking contract evaluations.