Naval Architect Hydrodynamics Engineer on an FPSO FEED Project
Initial 6 month contract role that has an immediate start and a target limited company rate to man of circa £60.00 per hour.
Leatherhead. Hybrid working 3 days office, at home
The role is likely to be outside IR35 but the final decision will be made after a Qdos assessment
As a Technical Professional Leader - Naval Architectural Hydrodynamics lead, you will provide leadership support related to this discipline. Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to: Review of metocean data, using industry-standard software for motions response and hydrodynamic loads, heading analysis, thruster sizing, seakeeping, tandem mooring analysis, green-water analysis, helideck flow assurance, towing requirements and potentially attending wave basin or wind tunnel tests.
• Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Naval Architecture, Ocean Engineering or directly related discipline required
• 10+ years (minimum) of experience in Naval Architecture, preferably with a strong bias in vessel hydrodynamics
• Strong knowledge and hands-on experience in floating structures and hydrodynamic analysis
• Extensive knowledge of Orcaflex with mooring and vessel operations experience, preferably with experience of using Python in such analyses
• Experience with DNV SESAM software
• Experience in CFD analysis desirable