4 x Record Support Officers
Hinckley Point C offices in Bridgewater, Somerset.
This role falls within our document management job family.
The target rate is £23.50 ph and duration is likely to be 12+ months.
Candidates will be required to undergo security clearance associated with working on a nuclear project.
The position is within the Quality department of the delivery directorate. The Quality department develops and maintains policies, strategies, standards, procedures and best practice in quality as well as providing oversight of HPC’s activities and effectiveness.
Our Records Support Officers perform the following duties:
• Be able to follow established Quality Department policies, procedures and specifications in identifying, processing and reporting LTQR information.
• Supporting the QML and PM in the HPC contractor team to which the post holder is assigned.
• Be trained and have access to Teamcenter EDMS and other relevant IT tools including but not limited to Skype, MS Teams and Office 365;
• Within the contractor support team be able to positively and flexibly respond to provide to a single HBC contract or multiple contracts according to schedule and workload requirements;
• Support the work scope from remote working locations (e.g. from own home), office based locations on-site or in-factory as directed;
• Checking of HBC Contractor LOD/LDRC lists of documents in regard to completeness and correctness
• Work with the QML to specify records requirements to contractors and continuously review performance by reviewing compliance reporting tools
Essential Knowledge and Skills
• Strong organisational skills with ability to take direction
• Support preparation of presentation material
• Act as a strong advocate for best practice, able to support and defend practical deployment and solutions, whilst remaining open to the ideas of others
Desirable Knowledge and Skills
• Understanding of Records / Document and Data Management methodologies and tools within a major infrastructure project environment
• Understanding and application of the QA processes
• Ability to read, interpret and translate requirements
Essential Qualifications and Experience
• Relevant technical (preferably quality) degree or equivalent professional qualifications sufficient to demonstrate competency assessment. (for Technical RSO)
• A level / equivalent or relevant experience in a subject that demonstrates relevant organisation skills (for Non Technical RSO)
• Experience of interfacing with project teams and with supply chain organisations
• Experience of analysing data, preparing reports and making recommendations