Lead Offshore Structural Engineer on a FEED Project for an initial 6 month contract role that has an immediate start and a target limited company rate to man of circa £60.00 per hour.
Leatherhead. Hybrid working - 3 days office, 2 remote working.
The role is likely to be outside IR35 but the final decision will be made after a Qdos assessment
As a Lead Engineer - Offshore structural, you will be responsible for leading the structural effort managing the structural team, ensuring technical consistency, managing risk and change, and delivering the engineering deliverables within the scope assigned.
Liaison with other structural team members across KBR global offices to deliver the tasks within allotted timelines and budgets.
The work will also involve liaising with other disciplines, client and 3rd party contractors and coordinating.
• Degree in Structural Engineering Design
• Minimum experience of 15 years with minimum 5 years as Lead Engineer leading structural effort on an offshore FEED/ Detailed Engineering project.
• Having past experience as structural engineer ivolved on an FPSO FEED engineering project.
• Proficient user of SESAM GENIE and SESAM suite of software a prerequisite.
• Proficiency to perform non-linear FEA using ABAQUS and USFOS is desirable.
• In-depth knowledge of latest revisions of offshore design codes such as ISO 19901, EN 19902 and applicable DNV & NORSOK codes is a must.
• Ability to work efficiently and effectively when managing multiple tasks
• Ability to work both independently and in a multi-disciplinary team environment
• Ability to work in an office-based role