Senior Engineer, Process - LNG
Location: Basingstoke (Hybrid Working).
Client operates a SmartWorking policy allowing personnel to work for up to 12 working days/month from home or a similar secure location and this 12 days can be available even where personnel are on leave for a portion of the month. As such, they expect a minimum of 60% home working to be available for individuals who wish to take advantage of this.
Duration: 12 months
Start date: ASAP
Worker Status – PAYE / Umbrella
EniProgetti is wholly owned by Eni, the global energy company.
EniProgetti performs a key role developing projects and providing expert engineering support to Eni businesses worldwide.
The company has an integrated operation office in the UK in Basingstoke. EniProgetti is currently helping to lead Eni in the energy transition from traditional business areas with decarbonised solutions such as CCS (Carbon Capture and Storage) to innovative project such as renewables, hydrogen, etc. The office is a landmark feature on Basing View in central Basingstoke, with ample free parking and only a five-minute walk from the mainline railway station.
This is an exciting time in the UK and international energy business with the opportunity to develop skills and capabilities in new technologies on dynamic projects as Eni is committed to move towards a ‘net zero’ future. If you want to be part of driving this change, join us.
Reporting to the Head of Process Engineering, this position requires an individual who is motivated to achieve and focused on ensuring quality in design while meeting schedule and technical challenges. An in depth understanding of various liquefaction technologies is essential.
This individual will possess the technical skills to provide innovative solutions to both existing and new design challenges, a detailed understanding of economic considerations and the drive to ensure timely delivery of Process deliverables.
The main responsibilities are:
• Provision of expert support into FEED and EPC projects in LNG / FLNG Projects
• Provision of overall guidance as required to Company in the PMS of EPC projects.
• Checking of Contractor documentation in line with Company specifications, including but not limited to P&IDs, datasheets and Design Basis documents.
Review and approval of HAZOP Actions to ensure the safety and operability of the final design.
Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Chemical Engineering
• Certified by a professional institute, chartered engineering with the Institute of Chemical Engineers is preferred.
• Experience of working on or monitoring of FEED and EPC projects for LNG and FLNG facilities.
• Highly experienced in LNG design and conversant with the main LNG processes, particularly mixed refrigeration technologies such as APCI DMR.
• Experience of HYSYS simulation of LNG refrigeration systems would be advantageous.
Significant experience of operation /construction /commissioning within an LNG/FLNG facility would be advantageous.