View all jobs
Senior Engineer, Naval, Permanent role based in Basingstoke UKBasingstoke, Hants
Senior Engineer, Naval, Permanent role based in Basingstoke UK
Salary up to £75000
This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements:
- Participating in the concept selection and design of floating structures.
- Designing and following-up the engineering activities as well as the construction of fixed and floating structures (both new-built and converted).
- Defining tender documentation and carry out technical evaluations of tender.
- Performing Installation Analysis for fixed platforms.
- Following up detail installation engineering activities.
- Participating in the offshore campaign during the installation phase
- Attending technical and coordination meetings.
- Providing assistance on Renewable Energy offshore projects
- Be Proactively involved with the R&D Renewable Energy project
- Collaborating with other colleagues in the Naval and Floating department
- Experience in the Oil and Gas industry with respect to floating structures and Jacket Installation,
- Fixed platform installation analysis
- Knowledge of mooring systems,
- Knowledge of software like DNVGL SESAM suite, Autocad, MOSES, ORCAFLEX
- Knowledge of standards for floating Structures design (IACS societies, ISO, API) and Offshore Installation (DNVGL)
- Hull structure design knowledge
- Ideally Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering discipline such as Naval Architecture Engineering, Offshore Engineering, Structural or Mechanical Engineering