View all jobs
Principal Commissioning Engineer, Leatherhead, 12 months+Leatherhead, Surrey
Principal Commissioning Engineer on an FPSO FEED Project for an initial 12 month contract role that has an immediate start and a target limited company rate to man of circa £70.00 per hour.
The role will be based on 5 days a week in the Offices in Leatherhead. Hybrid working may be possible but with only one day remote.
The role is likely to be outside IR35 but the final decision will be made after a Qdos assessment.
- Plans and conducts work requiring judgement in the independent evaluation, selection, and adaptation or modification of standard commissioning and operating techniques and procedures.
- Assists in the development of new approaches to problems encountered.
- Responsible for the safe execution of all work under his/her control.
- Principal Commissioning Engineer providing input into the FEED design of two major new-build FPSOs located offshore Australia.
- Proactively supports the identification and implementation of innovation and the utilisation new technology developments to enable the POB to be minimised and the FPSOs controlled from shore.
- Assists in the development of technical documents, manuals, procedures, schedules and plans.
- Provides technical input to a project from an operations & commissioning standpoint and assists in the development of PFDs and P&IDs.
- Provides inputs into the project schedule and CAPEX estimates.
- Writes the project Commissioning Specification for inclusion in the ITT tendering packages for the building of the FPSOs.
- Implements key project initiatives such as Start-Up Excellence Planning.
- Works closely and collaboratively with the clients Commissioning & Construction Manager.
- Ten or more years in the commissioning of Offshore platforms, preferably including FPSOs (but not essential).
- Experience in working in fabrication yards supporting the pre-commissioning of systems prior to sail-away.
- Although not essential, input into an engineering team developing a new build offshore platform designs.
- BSc / B.Eng. Degree in Engineering or HNC in relevant subjects.