Naval Architect on an FPSO FEED Project for an initial 12 month contract role that has an immediate start and a target limited company rate to man of circa £65.00 per hour.
The role will be based on 5 days a week in the ffices in Leatherhead. Hybrid working may be possible with two days remote.
The role is likely to be outside IR35 but the final decision will be made after a Qdos assessment.
As Technical Advisor - Naval Architectural Structures specialist you will provide support related to this discipline. Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to: Review and further development of the structural arrangements and scantlings developed during Concept Definition (including turret interface, machinery spaces, topsides module supporting structures and fore and aft end structures), checking of scantlings to Classification Society Rules, finite element analysis of the hull for the site specific conditions and towing route, hull girder ultimate strength assessment, design and analysis of foundations and support structures, selection of steel strength and grades, fatigue assessment, collision and dropped object analysis and structural design of the helideck.
• Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Naval Architecture, Ocean Engineering or directly related discipline required
• Minimum 10+ years in Naval Architecture
• Strong knowledge of ship structures, preferably FPSOs
• Good experience of finite element analysis and fatigue analysis
• Good knowledge of Class Rules for FPSOs
• Experience with LR Shipright software beneficial
• Experience with structural drawings and structural detailing beneficial
• Experience of collision and dropped object analysis beneficial