Lead Process (Concept) Engineer
to join our consultancy team
in Leatherhead on a 12+ month contract, target rate of £70ph.
Subject to a Qdos IR35 determination this role is likely to be outside IR35 and the rate in negotiable. PLEASE ADVISE RATE SOUGHT
Leatherhead. Hybrid working 3 days office, 2 remote working
This role involves regular business trips to Baku.
This role will be part of the concept project group providing services in the front end phases of engineering projects from pre-feasibility, up to and including preliminary Front End Engineering Design (FEED) phases as well as undertaking small FEEDs / providing specialist consultancy services to later phases of projects.
Suitable candidates will have primary responsibility for the delivery of on / offshore greenfield and brownfield concept projects. On occasion, would be expected to assist in the execution of projects. Responsible for the mentorship of engineers in areas of expertise.
- Head of Concepts Group, working with the KBR Consulting team, you will be responsible the successful completion of concept projects.
- Responsible for excellence in execution of concept projects including master planning, due diligence, decarbonisation, studies.
- Senior professional with strong personal drive and credibility with both internal and external stakeholders.
- A high energy individual with a desire to make a difference and offer suggestions for improvement & recommendations.
- Serves as prime point of contact between the client and company, building strong working relationships.
- Continual engagement with Clients to develop project pipeline.
- Experience in estimating and creating project execution plans for project work scopes with ability to revise the plan as necessary and assures adherence to the plan. Keeps the client and company advised of project status.
- Assures safe project execution to the client's satisfaction, consistent with cost, schedule and contractual requirements while maintaining bottom line responsibility for financial success.
- May serve as a proposal manager, gaining executive approvals where required, through to final contractual negotiations.
- Responsible for preparation of technical and commercial aspects of all concept project proposals.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to changing project-related priorities and deliver high quality, accurate work within required deadlines.
- Manages risks to avoid delays or reputational damage.
- Train, develop & mentor the next generation of Project Managers and engineers in the region.
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 15 years’ experience in oil and gas industry preferably with experience of working in the Caspian region / projects.
- Strong engagement and influencing skills, with the ability to gain the confidence of senior management/executive leadership as well as multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural peers/subordinates.
- Significant energy experience with demonstrable oil and gas experience at project manager level.
- Experience in technical and commercial proposal writing.
- Previous leadership experience.
- Strong commitment to safety with good awareness of environmental and sustainability issues.