Senior Civil Designer
2 months plus
- Start asap
- Duration expected to be at least 2 months
- MicroStation v8i experience essential
- InRoads design capability essential
- Work on site preparation and road layout design
- Significant experience working on onshore oil and gas projects essential
We are looking to recruit a senior civil designer.
Potential Candidates should meet the requirements as stated below have a substantial experience in the role and within the onshore oil and gas sector.
Job Description & Requirements
The successful candidate shall:
- Perform underground design and layout
- Perform earthworks analysis using InRoads
- Produce 2-D and 3-D drawings and deliverables for roads and earthworks.
- Evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering methods, techniques, procedures and criteria, using independent judgment in the design of open and closed drainiage and underground piping systems.
- Participate in reviewing and checking designs, drawings and data from other parties/execution offices
The successful candidate shall have the following skills:
- Proficiency in the utilisation of 3-D modelling software including InRoads.
- Proficiency to expert level in the utilisation of 2-D drafting software including as a minimum MicroStation
- A basic understanding of constructability, operability, and maintainability requirements.
- Familiarity with relevant industry codes and standards affecting Civil, Site and Underground Services design drawings.
- An awareness and understanding of where Civil Engineering fits within a multi discipline global execution team in the oil and gas industry.
- Inherent organizational ability in addition to the ability to communicate effectively.