|SR ADMINISTRATION AND HR ADVISOR
|HR & Administration Manager
|Author and date written:
To oversee and co-ordinate all administration and payroll services for company staff. To advise the company on correct payroll practices.
|Main Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- To ensure all payroll activities are met within the annual timeframe and are completed in accordance with legal and HQ requirements.
- To ensure that company procedures are followed and to develop and implement revisions in internal payroll procedures as required.
- To ensure monthly payroll of all eligible staff in a timely manner in accordance with payment dates and statutory requirements.
- To resolve all pay related queries from staff.
- To liaise with the Inland Revenue, Department of Social Security and Pension Scheme Advisers on payroll issues relating to specific individuals/circumstances and advise Company on correct payroll practice to be followed.
- To prepare reports (either on a regular basis or ad hoc) for Finance department, Human Resources department and external bodies.
- To collate information and prepare Schedules and Tax Returns for expatriate staff.
- To research tax, national insurance and pension implications for UK employees being seconded overseas and ensure correct procedures are implemented.
- To provide support for the annually negotiation of the PAYE Settlement Agreement with the Inland Revenue.
- To handle routine correspondence with the Inland Revenue and Department of Social Security
- To progress Tax Returns with Inland Revenue to ensure all refunds are made to the Company.
- To prepare and submit year-end returns to Inland Revenue, comprising of P35, P60, P11D and Class 1A National Insurance Contributions in accordance with defined deadlines.
- To provide annual reports for renewal of Life Assurance Policy, Permanent Health Insurance Policy and Pension Scheme Administrator contract
- To complete all joiner and leaver administration procedures for Pension Scheme and AVC Schemes.
- To ensure statutory payments are made in accordance with defined levels.
- To research, analyse and provide guidance on ad hoc payroll matters
- To review and approve expense claims in line with Company policy, and ensure payment in a timely manner
- To perform cost control and reporting activities with reference to internal and external contracts (i.e. service agreements, manpower contracts etc.)
- Ensure full adherence to the Company’s Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and standards
- Daily liaison with all staff on all levels.
- Works closely with all other members of the HR Department.
- Regular liaison with Finance Department.
- Inland Revenue.
- External Payroll Bureau.
- Pension Scheme Administrators.
- Tax and Financial Consultants
|Qualifications & Experience:
- Educated to Bachelor degree level (or equivalent) or Member of Institute of Payroll Management (IPPM).
- Significant previous payroll experience
- Must be familiar with Excel and Office packages. Must possess knowledge of UK statutory payroll regulations and expatriate payroll practices.