COST CONTROLLER & REPORTING
Please note that we are looking for a candidate with only 3-5 years’ experience for this position
£38-£45 dependent upon skills and experience
Minimum job requirements: Oil & Gas industry experience within Cost Control function of project services.
Approximate effective start date and anticipated duration of the services: January 2nd 2018 start date.
At least one year duration anticipated.
Key Dimension of the position
The position requires a highly skilled / highly motivated candidate due to the nature of a multi billion US$ mega Program involved, the implementation phases of this unique Program Development will take place in different parts of the world. FEED, engineering,
procurement, fabrication, installation, commissioning and start up activities will be carried out by specialized consultants, contractors and fabrication yards worldwide. Therefore, high mobility and international / multi cultural experience in large scale development projects will be key criteria in qualifying for the roles.
Will be responsible to provide expert guidance on cost engineering and reporting matters within the Development program. This position will be responsible for the overall integrity and quality of project cost engineering procedures and status reports and the correct implementation of the Program/Project Services Framework including processes, procedures and Systems at lower levels of the organization. This role will assure the integration among Contractors at Project Level
- Assure implementation of project procedures and alignment of Project Services Activities to project Level
- Perform quality assurance on the contractor's cost management system, and performance vs. budgets
- Assuring/developing and maintaining all cost reports feeding in cost reporting systems (supported by software tools)
- Implementing and administering the cost control process
- Assuring cost control for both contract and internal costs
- Assuring integration of cost estimates for annual forecasts/budget development and updating as well as the coordination of the
Company's Business Planning cycle and portfolio management requirements
- Assuring the overall coordination and timely issuing of Reporting means at different levels of the organization owns
The Planning & Control Engineer (Cost) shall at all times be accountable for:
- Cost Breakdown Structure updating according to existing cost estimates and alignment with cost accounting and finance
- Verifying integration and quality of work progress status alignment with cost and assure correct allocation of costs to the right cost
- Examining and understanding project scope of work and provide cost engineering input as required, assuring the deployment and
implementation of scoping and planning tools (CTRs, CWP, etc) as cost budgeting and control tool
- Reviewing and audit contractor cost control procedures and practices; contractor's cost management system, and performance vs.
- Assuring integrity of the Cost Engineering tracking process as: actual costs/expenditures, Value-of-Work Done/Actual, Commitments,
and Forecast final Cost
- Maintaining contracts registers highlighting commitment, ceiling, expenditure/actual costs, accruals/value of work done and forecast
- Preparing the budget starting from the existing cost estimate and the project Cost Breakdown Structure
- Coordinating and/or develop project annual and monthly spend projections, cost reconciliations and variance analysis.
- Coordinating the cost performance management data for reporting.
- Coordinating with project scheduling and analysis engineer in order to match project times and costs
- Assuring the project accounting data feeding into enterprise systems as necessary
- Assuring integration in maintaining adequate contingency management and allocations, carrying out cost risk analysis and supporting contingency rundowns as necessary
- Assuring expenditure phasing has been performed according to plans and schedules by each Cost Engineer by each department
- Collecting information necessary for project/phases close-out
- Providing services including assistance during contract preparation, bid evaluation, contract administration and verification of contractual payments
- Providing overall reporting at all levels creating specific reports to Top Management, Project Team, Partners, etc as well as assuring quality of data integration
- Assuring quality and overall coordination of Company's Strategic and Business Planning cycle and act as direct interface for such Activities
Functional: Lead Cost Control & Reporting
Hierarchical: Program Services Manager/Project Services Manager
PMI, AACEI or ACoste certification will be an advance
Required knowledge, professional and personal skills
- The ideal candidate will have experience in upstream and midstream Oil & Gas development projects with particular previous
experience in offshore gas developments, subsea and onshore pipelines, LNG plans and / or Floating Production Units, Downstream experience may be as well considered
- Mixed experience in early phases of project development (FEL, conceptual, FEED) with exposure with Execution environment and Project services practices apply to each stage of the project life cycle
- Experience with Primavera, MS Project or scheduling tools as well as databases and Excel
- Experienced working with an Owner organization will be a plus but not mandatory
- The candidate will be a team player with excellent communication skills
- The candidate will have a friendly multi-cultural attitude
- Excellent written, spoken and conversational English. Other languages are of a great advantage
- High mobility and flexibility to relocate
- Adaptability to changing priorities.
- Strong initiative, ability to work independently with minimal supervision to achieve results
- Ability to multitask and respond quickly to urgent analysis requests.