||Senior Contracts Engineer
|Author and date written:
||HR, April 2018
To co-ordinate multi-discipline activities and inputs throughout the full Procurement cycle from the development of enquiry documents, through bid evaluation, pre-award negotiations, preparation of contracts for execution, their subsequent implementation and amendments. Key responsibilities cover the following areas:
- Preparation of Procurement enquiry documents.
- Undertake formal bid evaluations.
- Involvement in pre-award negotiations.
- Prepare contracts for execution.
- Implementation /amendment of Contracts as appropriate.
- Supporting Reporting and Planning activities.
Main Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- To implement and properly follow all Procurement procedures and policies.
- To liaise with project, operations and administration personnel in order to prepare and develop appropriate contractual strategy and documentation for tender and negotiation processes.
- To commercially evaluate bids and co-ordinate the technical evaluations of tenders.Assist in assessing the impact of contract exceptions in order to produce recommendation for award of contract, in accordance with agreed time schedules.
- To participate in meetings both internal and external to resolve areas of conflict of a contractual and commercial nature.
- To assist in the negotiation of terms and conditions and determine the extent of risks and liabilities that may be involved and concisely describe such risks to assist in management decisions.
- To prepare recommendations for award of contracts for approval.
- To participate in meetings with contractors to discuss and resolve areas of conflict.Prepare amendments and to reflect changing operational and administrative requirements.
- To follow execution of contract advice on the interpretation of contract terms.
- To liaise with external suppliers and service companies to maintain an awareness of market conditions and to ensure an effective service from them.
- To comply with company and legislative procedures and required directives throughout all activities.
- To support the Contracts and Procurement Department Reporting System and practices.
- To archive documentation in accordance with Company procedures.
- To implement any other reasonable request from the Procurement Manager.
- To ensure adherence to the Company’s Health, Safety & Environment policies, procedures and standards.
- To fully comply with client's Code of Ethics, Law 231 principles and Fighting Corruption Initiative.
- Liaison as required with other service departments such as Legal and Finance.
- Daily liaison with project and operational departments.
- The incumbent comes into frequent contact with most levels of representatives of the business community and must present a good image for the company in such situations.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree qualified in a commercial subject (preferred).
- Detailed working knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Office Systems.
- Previous relevant experience at a similar level/position.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Contracting & Procurement in Oil and Gas industry preferred.
- Knowledge of international Engineering Procurement Construction and Installation Contracts preferred, along with experience in negotiating EPCI Contracts
- Work to tight deadlines and constantly changing priorities.
- This job demands integrity and a good understanding of business ethics and protocol.
- High-performance orientation with close attention to detail
- Ability to produce concise and accurate reports.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to plan and organise a varied and busy workload to meet targets.