Mechanical Handling Equipment Engineer for a 6 months + contract.
Rate - £42.00 per hour to the persons limited company
Purpose of the role
Responsible for the design, specification, and selection of mechanical handling equipment. Under broad direction, functions as a technical specialist who makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative. Performs advisory and consultancy work, for the project team, as a recognized authority in lifting operations, and mechanical handling systems for onshore and offshore oil and gas facilities.
- The required competency and skills would typically have been built up working for a consultant engineering company, equipment manufacturer, or end user company.
- Personnel would be expected to have a varied and extensive experience of crane and mechanical handling applications in the onshore and offshore oil and gas project environment to include concept, front end engineering design, detailed design, commissioning, and operations.
- A specialist and detailed knowledge of the major offshore crane types, to include pedestal mast type rope and ram luffing cranes with either electric-hydraulic or diesel-hydraulic drive systems, is preferred.
- A good working knowledge of common design codes, to include API 2C, Specification for Offshore Cranes, is also preferred
- Field experience in manufacturing, fabrication, assembly, and installation is also strongly desired.
- The role of the mechanical crane engineer will involve extensive interface with the selected crane supplier, client team, and project management team.
- Job success will depend on interpersonal skills and the effective interaction with others.
- Frequent, short duration, business travel will be expected.
A degree in Mechanical Engineering and a full professional qualification as a Chartered Engineer is preferred but not essential.
Previous and relevant offshore facility design engineering experience.