Approx 8 months
As a Senior Pipeline Engineer working within our dynamic and pipelines group, you will be an primarily supporting our current suite of onshore projects in concept and FEED; providing engineering design and analysis insights.
You will have a strong mechanical/civil engineering (or equivalent) background, with a possible master’s degree; and have an excellent understanding of pipeline design engineering.
You will have post-graduation experience of analysing pipelines, and associated experience of using commonly used analysis tools. Experience in the application of FEA tools such as Abaqus will also be an advantage.
If you have an appetite for a wide range of technically challenging projects, and can think differently to drive solutions, you should get in touch with us today.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• You will be involved in a variety of consultancy and engineering scopes from concept to operations.
• Demonstrate a strong knowledge of commonly used design codes (e.g. ASME, ISO etc), and be able to efficiently assess design compliance in line with these.
• Required to perform onshore pipeline analyses; using hand calculations, analysis tools and approved calculation software.
• With suitable experience, you will perform finite element analysis to solve a variety of engineering challenges.
• Be responsible for writing and verifying technical reports clearly and concisely; so technical accuracy will be of high importance to you.
• Expected to collaborate closely with our Consultants, Leads and Principal Engineers in our other engineering disciplines.
• You will have a good standard of written and spoken English as good communication is essential.
• You will have an eye for detail – we will require you to prepare analyses, specifications, design calculations, drawings and MTOs quickly, efficiently and right first time.
• You will understand the importance of design compatibility and conformance; and will work closely with clients to ensure outputs align with client and contractual specifications.