Liverpool Bay Northop Offices, Mold in Cheshire
£480 to £580 PAYE negotiable
40 hour week, Monday to Friday.
Main Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
Responsible for LBA HSE Management System, certified externally to ISO14001 and ISO45001.
Overall responsibility for the management of the LB Emergency Response (IMT) process, including participating in the IMT.
Support LB Decommissioning, CCUS and other Renewable Projects wherever required, including co-ordinating LBA HSE Team inputs into these projects.
Supervise others, including specialist environmental, regulatory and other HSE Team members.
Provide effective environmental engineering advice and support to all relevant stakeholders.
Specialist input to audits and accident/incident investigations.
Implement best practices to improve any aspects of HSE management system.
Perform audits and gap analyses against appropriate compliance requirements/standards to identify areas for continual improvement in HSE performance.
Appropriately assess and reduce the organisation’s environmental risk.
Represent client in internal and industry associations.
Coordinate with External Affairs regarding HSE participation in community projects.
Lead formal incident investigations and deliver findings which minimize risk of repeat incidents.
Manage HSE aspects of LBA high risk and other contracts through application of client standard, assessments, and contractor workshops, ensuring alignment with client standards that best practice is applied.
Support LB Decommissioning, CCUS and other Renewable Projects wherever required.
Fully comply with Code of Ethics and Law 231 principles.
Fully comply with the HSE Critical Roles procedure (UK HSE IMS C1-SYS-01 - HSE Critical Roles - accessible via the UK Intranet), which outlines the HSE critical roles relative to this position
- Coordination and delivery of compliance with all LBA Environmental & HSE Regulatory requirements.
- Act as an effective delegate to the HSE Manager, supporting with all Environmental, HSE Regulatory and wider HSE generalist areas.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required:
Strong knowledge of relevant oil and gas/process/energy industry related HSE compliance issues and all relevant HSE legislation.
Knowledge of the key HSE aspects associated with different phases of an oil and gas development, and their management.
Strong auditing skills and experience, knowledge of HSE management systems/risk management.
Strong IT skills and experience in HSE reporting systems.
Strong presentation, communication and analytical skills.
- Engineering or Science Degree.
- Supervisory skills & experience.
- Situable professional Environmental qualifications (NEBOSH, IEMA, etc.) preferred.
- OPEP Level 4 Oil Spill Response training preferred.
- Lead auditor in either ISO14001 or ISO45001 preferred.
- To demonstrate confidence to progress work with minimal supervision.
- The ability to manage self and others effectively, including effective delegation.
- The ability to effect change through others.
- Be able to work as part of a team and organise both own workload, and that of others, to meet deadlines.
- Be able to influence and build relationships at all levels of the organisation.
- Be able to lead and work under own initiative, self-starter.
- Be driven to achieve results and success.
- Be organised and communicate effectively.
- Set an example and drive continual improvement.