CCUS Consultant (Carbon Capture, Utilisation and Storage)
Permanent (with Hybrid working)
Please advise Salary sought
Client offers three-day working week in the office and 2 days working from home.
This position falls within the Asset Solutions (AS) business, which comprises Asset Operations and Asset Development, and is responsible for: provision of operations support services; operations & maintenance; operations modification projects; well services; engineering consultancy; and training. AS delivers on the basis of a reimbursable model where the cost of our services is reimbursed by the client plus an agreed margin, and Cost Plus KPIs which are reimbursable with a margin linked to the successful delivery of key performance indicators.
• Providing technical leadership for Carbon Capture, Utilisation & Storage initiative
• Working with the Syngas Consultant on blue hydrogen opportunities
• Supporting Business Development teams, including technical presentations to clients during the tender phase and supporting Proposals teams (including technical execution methods, man-hour estimates and schedule development)
• Providing technical leadership to concept, FEED and detailed design projects that involve CCUS, including blue hydrogen projects where appropriate.
• Taking responsibility for managing studies – screening, feasibility studies, conceptual definition and FEED
• Managing studies to the highest standards and within agreed budgets and schedules, Identifying resource requirements, management of day-to-day work and regularly reporting progress to both client and Senior Management
• Attending Energy Transition conferences and industry groups as an active participant and presenter
• Capable of managing / directing engineers and specialist consultants of all disciplines
• Working closely with our clients, many of whom spend considerable time within our offices, to produce bespoke and optimal solutions
• Preparation of reports and presentation of results to clients. Producing clear and concise consultancy and technical reports
• Taking full technical ownership of the work
• Performing process engineering designs via hand calculation and suitable software, as appropriate
• Preparing and / or checking specifications, design calculations, data sheets and drawings quickly and efficiently
• Ensuring all outputs are compliant with our ISO accredited quality, project control, safety and integrity procedures
• Managing and supervising work of others, including workshare offices, subcontractors and vendors
• Utilising your experience, you will commit to plan work packages reporting progress and forecasting
• Interfacing with process licensors, ensuring technical alignment
• Specifying carbon capture, utilisation & storage process technologies suitable for the streams being processed
• Taking responsibility to input into, review and endorse capital and operational cost estimates
• Understanding of construction requirements and the limitations that these could impose on option selection
• Chemical engineering degree
• Experience and theoretical knowledge of carbon capture, utilisation & storage technologies and processes – current and those in development
• Experience with blue hydrogen, BECCS, biomass/ waste gasification, syngas to SNG/ liquids, etc. would be beneficial
• Chartered status with a recognised professional institution or equivalent
• Exposure to consultancy, FEED/ detailed design and EPC projects
• Proficiency with process simulation software, such as Aspen or similar
• Safety and quality procedures and best practice
• Applicable international and industry specifications, standards and codes
• Good communication skills are essential, and you will have an excellent standard of written and spoken English.
• A competitive base salary
• Pension Scheme – Standard Life - 3.5% Employee / 7% Employer
• UK Healthcare – AXA
• Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
• Permanent Health Insurance (PHI)
• Personal Accident insurance
• Life Assurance (3x Base Salary)
• Cycle To Work Scheme
• Season Ticket Loan (Rail)
• Share Incentive Plan (SIP)
• Employee Lifestyle Benefits Scheme
• 28 days plus 8 public holiday entitlement
We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with us fairly and without discrimination.
We are striving to develop a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can contribute. We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who form part of underrepresented groups.