Process Engineer (Permanent)
Aberdeen (Hybrid Working)
Applications are also welcome from candidates who want to discuss flexible working or job-sharing requests. Petrofac operates a three-day working week in the office and 2 days working from home.
What we do
Client is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies. We design, build, manage, and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries. Our comprehensive and tailored service offering covers each stage of the project life cycle and a variety of commercial models, giving our clients the flexibility, they need.
Company is leading an exciting and fast-paced transformation of the business – moving into new territories and pushing hard into New Energies – creating a more nimble and more global business model. Our reputation for delivery depends not just on what we get done but also on how we do it. The values we espouse and the behaviours we demonstrate are vitally important to our long-term success. We are uncompromising in our commitment to safety and ethical behaviour. These commitments transcend everything we do and are qualities that are essential in who we hire, irrespective of position.
This position falls within the Asset Solutions (AS) business, which comprises Asset Operations and Asset Development, and is responsible for: provision of operations support services; operations & maintenance; operations modification projects; well services; engineering consultancy; and training. AS delivers on the basis of a reimbursable model where the cost of our services is reimbursed by the client plus an agreed margin, and Cost Plus KPIs which are reimbursable with a margin linked to the successful delivery of key performance indicators.
- As a member of the asset delivery team, support both the delivery and asset discipline Engineers within the relevant sphere of expertise.
- Support the delivery process team in prioritising workloads and scopes
- Actively support a working culture based on respect for health, safety and environmental issues and maintenance of a high level of asset integrity
- Develop excellent working relationships with offshore and onshore production operations, relevant subsurface teams, the technical authorities, verification engineers and discipline engineers and others as appropriate
- Act as key discipline expert for management and input to Production Loss Reporting
- Carry out and support Root Cause Investigations and execute respective actions to improve equipment reliability and availability.
- Offshore visits as required to drive delivery of discrete scopes of work, ensuring flawless handover and execution of tasks
- Managing the relevant vendor activities, materials, spares and performance including input to the Asset Planning process.
- Ensures that the integrity, reliability, availability of production, utility equipment and other support systems are optimised, so that production delivery targets are achieved.
- Is familiar with the appropriate statutory legislation, Safety Case and Safety Management systems used to support the role.
- Ensures all actions assigned within the Petrofac Accident and Incident reporting procedure are closed out within the appropriate timeframe (Synergi).
- Visits offshore on a frequency sufficient to ensure that knowledge of staff and key problem areas is maintained.
- Chemical Engineering Degree.
- Valid Offshore Certifications
- Membership of relevant professional body and actively working towards chartered accreditation.
- Hands on CMMS experience
- Production Efficiency management and reporting
- Process modelling
- Previous experience in Process operations support role
- Demonstrable offshore experience
- Fully conversant with production loss reporting process
- Conversant with Duty Holder Client contracts
- Management of contractual KPI’s
- A competitive base salary
- Pension Scheme – Standard Life - 3.5% Employee / 7% Employer
- UK Healthcare – AXA
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Permanent Health Insurance (PHI)
- Personal Accident insurance
- Life Assurance (3x Base Salary)
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan (Rail)
- Share Incentive Plan (SIP)
- Employee Lifestyle Benefits Scheme
- 28 days plus 8 public holiday entitlement
Client recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
Striving to develop a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can contribute. We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who form part of underrepresented groups.