Please see a full job description below:-
To record financial information in order to enable preparation of financial statements and all financial accounts in
accordance with accounting principles and civil, fiscal and company norms. To identify assets and liabilities in
line with the administrative / fiscal / statutory requirements thereby ensuring proper handling of accounts for
nature and destination.
Main Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
The incumbent is able to perform the following tasks:
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account
- Prepare journal entries and synthesize common ledger for subsidiary accounts.
- Develop good knowledge of eni chart of accounts and ensure adherence thereto while
recording financial information.
- Send request for, and determine appropriateness and correctness of accruals in the books for
each month end reporting including half year and annual reporting.
- Perform all regular accounting processes such as A/P and Journal Entries plus monthly
closure of books & accounts.
- Document financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Prepare vendor and GL account reconciliations on monthly basis including Intercompany
account management and reconciliation
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents
- Maintain accounting controls by ensuring adherence to policies and procedures and
recommending improvements thereto
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls
- Check documents by monitoring and implementing all accounts payable checks including but
not limited to contractual compliance checks in relation to approved contract values, tariffs,
fees etc. for onward payment by Treasury function.
- Post vendor invoices and ensure correctness of invoice register
- Monitor aging of overdue invoices
- Ensure that all invoices and staff reimbursements are paid accurately and in accordance with
Finance policies and procedures
- Prepare Adhoc financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information
- Perform personnel accounting including but not limited to salaries posting, expense reports,
expatriate insurance etc.
- Protect operations by keeping financial information confidential
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing
professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional
- Contribute to team effort by performing assigned tasks and accomplishing related results as
- Provide support during audit activities.
NTERNAL: Contracts & Procurement, Human Resources, Project Services, General service Units and other
departments managing contracts.
EXTERNAL : Customers; suppliers; Contractors; Partners , Clients
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Admin. Professional / Master’s Degree is preferred
- 2-3 years of General accounting experience in a medium sized organization preferably a
- Basic Knowledge of accounting principles (IFRS) and practices.
- Experience with SAP or similar ERP system and Hyperion.
- Advanced MS Office skills.
- Strong Analytical & Organizational Skills.
- Must be a professional of unquestionable integrity, credibility and character.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Vision and values through project / team work.
- Ability to adapt to a challenging and developing environment; willingness to take on new
responsibilities as our business evolves.
- Strong interpersonal skills (communication, persuasion, motivation, and loyalty).