Principal QA Engineer Woking Surrey 6 months
To provide Quality Assurance expertise in support of proposals, services and projects pursued and undertaken by the Company.
• To manage the Quality function on projects, including budget, resources and priorities, under limited supervision of QHSE Manager.
• To focus and align quality programmes in support of project objectives, client satisfaction, continual improvement and compliance with external certification requirements.
• Deputise for the QHSE Manager within Engineering Services, Woking including operational activities extending to satellite locations and sites.
• To identify, promote and lead business process improvement initiatives, liaising with other departments and functions as appropriate.
• Assist in the development, maintenance and implementation of the Company’s Quality and Environmental Management System (QMS), encompassing all subsidiary offices.
• Manages Petrofac Inspection Services Contractor personnel who conduct inspections on Vendor supplied equipment and materials on projects.
• Leadership, responsibility and approval authority for quality/operational HSSE matters on projects. C. Contributing to the review and improvement of QMS to ensure Engineering Services objectives are accommodated.
• Establishing robust project quality plans and effective project quality monitoring activities, including subcontractors where applicable.
• Reviewing and approving Quality/HSSE inputs to Pre-qualification submissions, Proposals, Project Quality Plans, Audit reports.
• Liaise with RSE Group Manager when support required for Project HSSE plans, site and construction management HSSE issues.
• Resolution and support of project quality issues.
• Advising the project team on development and implementation of the quality/HSSE programme and the QMS.
• Facilitating external certification programmes for Engineering Services, Woking in accordance with divisional requirements, including: ISO9001 and ISO14001.
• Interface and regularly meet with project personnel to ensure that efficient and effective Quality Management systems and processes are in place.
• Promoting awareness of QMS and quality/HSSE requirements on projects.
• Managing the QMS lessons learned forum and specific lessons learned reviews on projects.
• Establishing and managing internal QMS/Quality audit programme on projects to meet requirements of the business, ISO9001 & ISO14001.
• Managing the QA action tracking system on projects.
Engineering degree or Chartership with Engineering Council, or equivalent business management degree.
Member of the Chartered Quality Institute
Quality management system experience.
Experience of design and procurement processes on Oil & Gas projects, or service industry but with a strong quality background.
Experienced and qualified auditor
Knowledgeable in national/EU certification requirements
Supervisory experience over QA Engineers.
Knowledgeable in Occupational Health, Safety & Environmental Management Systems.