Senior Project Engineer Woking Surrey 10 Months
Senior Project Engineer to support the delivery of two high profile onshore projects for a major North African Client based in the Woking office. The projects have in-house clients and overseas support offices. Successful completion of these project may lead to further work across Petrofac’s varied portfolio of onshore and offshore, brownfield and greenfield, construction and decommissioning projects and possibly in our Proposals group.
• You will make yourself fully conversant with the contract and recognize change, record and raise it to the management team.
• You will understand the project schedule and the TDR and work closely with the leads engineers to pre-empt issues before they become problems which could affect the schedule or cost.
• You will work closely with our Project and engineering Managers to ensure a consistent approach and jointly lead the FEED team.
• You will work with the engineering and project manager to ensure procedures and protocols are in place and are adhered to.
• A good face to face communicator, you will be able to liaise with all engineers, understand issues and propose solutions to ensure progress.
• You will assist to ensure technical document registers reflect scope and are accurate and maintained on a weekly basis.
• You will support the Project controls team to ensure reporting is accurate and records key issues / achievements, for delivery in accordance with the project calendar
• You will participate in multi-discipline design reviews and workshops.
• You will set up and maintain all the key registers (risk, trend, assumptions etc) for the project
• You will use you power of lateral thinking to resolve issues and will be able to work largely unsupervised but will ensure that the right people are kept informed.
• You will understand the procurement process and be able to facilitate interactions between our engineers and suppliers when needed.
• Our Clients are often resident in our offices so you will interface with them regularly.
• You will support the development of scopes of work for the subsequent project phases as required, ensuring discipline engineers provide the key inputs.
• You will be the main interface between the Project Management and the execution teams, in Woking and potentially support teams in India, and will need to be able to promote a team harmony whilst ensuring delivery.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• You’ll have a degree in a relevant engineering subject, hold Chartered Status (or equivalent) and ideally will have worked as an engineer in a project environment prior to stepping up to the Project Engineering role.
• You will have significant experience working for Engineering organisations in the Oil and Gas and or renewables industry, with multi-discipline teams.
• You’ll be team person, communicate and share information openly and demonstrate an excellent standard of written and spoken English.
• Although unlikely you may be required to attend occasional meetings in Client offices. Language skills (Arabic / French) would be a benefit, but not essential for the role.